Saturday, October 6, 2012

Obsessions: Wallpaper

When we found our new house this summer, one of the most exciting features (other than the awesome amount of storage) was my foyer...a real foyer! I knew immediately that I wanted a fabulous wallpaper that would make a huge statement. I set off on a search for the perfect wallpaper and little did I know what a tall order that was. I did eventually find the perfect paper (and on sale!) but I thought I would share some of the other papers I found a long the way. 

The first paper is Rabbit Tat Tat from Hygge and West and it will soon be hanging in my foyer! I love the whimsy of the rabbits and the simplicity of the colors. I'm adding in a pink and cream polka dot rug to give the area some color!


The next one is from Anthropologie and it's inspired by style sisters Hollister and Porter Hovey. You can see a sneak peek of their apartment on designsponge here. The collection of riding boots, animalia and artwork is nothing short of artwork itself, adding an antiquitarian touch to any room.


And lastly, a really edgy wallpaper from Timorous Beasties. This paper looks like a classic toile at a distance but upon closer inspection is actually filled with policeman making arrests, a woman pushing a stroller and what appears to be someone being mugged. There are several different cities to choose from but London and New York are my favorites. The idea of taking a pattern as classic as toile and making it so fresh and modern is just a win in my book!


These would look beautiful even in the back of bookshelves (a simple project that could be done with 1 roll!). Hopefully these wallpapers will inspire you to add some extra personality and pizzazz to your home. Also, check out my friend Kayla's blog, wear and ware,  for more inspiring papers (and be sure to follow her)!

--Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment